Garlic Olive Oil Pasta – Time Family Favourite
Are you facing problems in managing the house work and the office? If yes then you have to figure out a strategy to make things easy. Well cooking will not be such a hard job if you can find out the right recipes that will help you fix a great meal in no time. There is no doubt about the fact that pasta is a very easy dish to prepare and does not tend to take you a lot of time in the kitchen. Now there are so many pasta variations that you can try out. The best option is garlic olive oil pasta. It is my family favourite and I will just share my recipe with you.
Preparing the garlic olive oil pasta
Here is a recipe of the perfect garlic olive oil pasta.
Cooking time: 20 min
- 1 lb good quality spaghetti
- 1 T fresh parsley
- Pinch of red chilli flakes
- Pinch of white pepper
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ C olive oil
- 1 T cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Place a pot of boiling water on medium heat.
- Add salt in the boiling water.
- Once the water starts to boil add the spaghetti in the boiling water and cook till it is tender.
- Now place a small pan on the heat.
- Make sure that you add in some olive oil in the pan.
- Add garlic to the olive oil and allow the garlic to get the golden brown colour.
- Now you should add the pepper, chilli flakes, salt and parsley to the garlic at this time.
- Make sure that you drain the pasta and mix in the olive oil mixture.
- Garnish the pasta with cilantro.
Tips for preparing the perfect pasta
There are times you work quite hard, but you still cannot prepare the perfect pasta. Well I will share a few tips that will help you prepare the best pasta.
- There are times when you just take a small pot for cooking the pasta. Well that is not the right approach. You should always make use of a big pot. Go with a 12 to 8 quart stockpot for cooking the pasta.
- Now it is very important that you should add plenty of water in the pot and all the strands of the pasta need to be soaked well in the water. If you will not have enough water in the pot it might leave your pasta undercooked.
- Do not forget to add salt when boiling the water. The reason is that it helps to add flavour to the pasta.
- Another mistake most of you commonly do is that you add in the pasta when the water is simmering. Well you should not do that. You should only add the pasta in the water when it reaches the boiling point. This way your pasta will cook pretty fast.
- Do not leave your pasta when it is cooking. It is very important that you should stir the pasta at least 2 to 3 times. The advantage of this is that it will prevent your pasta from clumping.
- When the pasta is about to get done and just about a minute or two are left then make sure that you check the pasta. It needs to be springy and chewy. Most people have varying choices when it comes to getting the right texture of the pasta. However, you need to make sure that your pasta is not overcooked or undercooked.
- Do not drain away all the pasta water. Make sure that you save at least a cup. The advantage of this is that pasta water can help to make great pasta sauces. It helps to bind the pasta and the sauce.
- The cooking time of fresh pasta and dried pasta are different. The fresh pasta just takes about a minute or two to cook.
I hope you like my garlic olive oil pasta recipe. Do follow my tips as well for preparing the pasta and you will notice that the results will turn out to be superb. Do remember to share my recipe if you like it.