How to Store, Prepare & Cook Your Chicken
Although chicken is a familiar kind of food, many people enjoy it as their favourite one. Chicken is diversely cooked through a variety of meals such as boiled chicken, chicken soup, fried chicken, rotisserie chicken, marinade chicken and so on. Each of meal brings us the interests in enjoying. In addition to the tasty spices, like eating an egg, eating chicken helps to supply a full of nutritious and energy for your body in the daily activities.
To keep your health safe once you eat chicken, make sure that we have the knowledge in using and storing properly.
This article will suggest you a few useful information cooking and preserving tips through answers for each question below. Hope you can have a proper safe way when enjoying a meal made from chicken.
1.Time for keeping chicken meals
There is no doubt that eating a rotten chicken is not only difficult swallow but also harmful for your health so that the first thing we need to know to prevent your health from dangers
is how long we can keep a chicken meal and how long enough to properly cook a chicken meal.
2.How long can you keep chicken in the room temperature?
Keeping the chicken in the room temperature is not a good choice if you want to have a long – term usage. Normally, for cooked chicken like rotisserie chicken we can only use in about 3 – 4 days and of course, for raw chicken, the keeping time is shortened for 1 – 2 days.
3.How long can you freeze both cooked and raw chicken?
Like most of other food, to make sure chicken is not getting worse rapidly, it should also be kept in fridge by the most optimizing method – freezing. As many researches, time for keeping cooked chicken is a little bit different from the time of raw one.
For cooked chicken, it takes about around four months.
However, raw freeze chicken can be last from 9 months to one year.
4.How long does chicken take to defrost chicken?
A proper and safe defrosting chicken method will help you to save a lot of time for cooking and protect your health. Actually, the time for defrosting will depend on the chicken weight and the ways you use to defrost.
Normally, people usually use one of these way outstanding ways. Supposed that the weight of chicken is 1 kg, so the defrosting time is estimated as below:
- Place the freeze chicken in the cool self of the fridge. This method will take you the longest time. It can last from 10 hours to 24 hours for defrosting.
- In the room temperature, the time is less than the time in fridge. It may be more than 5 hours.
- In a bowl of water, chicken will be defrosted the most quickly within 2 – 3 hours.
5.How long to brine, marinate and cook chicken?
As I mentioned above, people enjoy chicken because of its diverse meals. Handling the time for brining, marinating and cooking a meal will help you to have a right way to save time and make the meals more delicious.
Brining chicken is the technique that you put chicken into salt water to make the quality of chicken nice and plump. The weight of chicken will influence on the time for brining. For 2 kg of chicken, we should sour within 2 hours.
Marinating chicken is a preparation process to make your meal tasty. Depend on the different meals, for the faster cook, we should marinate it within 30 minutes to five hours.
How about the cooking time? It’s hard to determine exactly the frying time. This is usually identified once the chicken turn into ripe. For example: The estimated time for frying a chicken piece is about 10 – 12 minutes.
6.How to cook chicken
- How to reheat fried chicken or chicken wings or rotisserie chicken: Reheating is the way you recook the meal. There are many ways to do this. However, heating the fried chicken in the oven or re – fry the chicken in oil is offered as the best and safest way.
- How to tenderize chicken
Tenderizing is a small remarkable technique making your chicken softer and easier to cook. People usually use a tenderizing tool to pound the meat or marinate chicken by yogurt or buttermilk marinade for a few hours.
- How to flatten chicken: chicken can be cut into small pieces or remain by their whole one so that flattening technique can be carried differently. For chicken pieces, we usually choose the pounding one. For the whole chicken, we should remove the back bone, tail, loosen the breast and open the chicken on 2 sides.
- How to clean chicken livers: Chicken liver is the part of chicken that many of us love eating. But, it is also a dangerous part if we clean improperly. After removing livers from the chicken, we need to wash in a bowl of salt water then wash them in fresh water for a several times. That is clean enough for us to cook.
In short, there is one thing we cannot deny that chicken is a kind of food we cannot ignore because of its tasty smell. And it will be more and more delicious if we know to cook and keep it properly. Hope the information I suggest above can enrich your cooking experience diary and contribute to build your meaningful food schedule every day.